Wednesday, September 14, 2016

To God be the glory!

Wednesday 9-14-2016 Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading: Eze 36 - 37    Psalm 110    Rev 19
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ezek 36:25-28 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. NKJV

Rev 19:1 After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, "Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God! NKJV


O.  Ezekiel prophesies of Israel’s rebirth. It speaks to me of God’s grace. It is a story of God’s desire to bring new beginnings. His chosen people Israel, had stumbled and fallen into a culture of rebellion and open evil. God had scattered them to the four winds to discipline them… and now He is bringing them back home to a new beginning because He loves them.


A.  It is the story of a prodigal son. It is the story of a sinner that comes to the end of his rope. It is the story of a youth who, recognizes his bent toward sin and urgently needs a new chance at life. It is my story and your story. We sang it in church when I was a little boy. I can hear it in my heart. “Only a sinner, saved by grace. Only a sinner saved by grace. This is the story, to God be the glory. I’m only a sinner saved by grace.”


P.  Your salvation, Lord is Your initiative, not mine. It started and ended with You. I am still today the object of Your mercy and grace. So I shall sing again with the great multitude in heaven, "Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God!
And since I cannot wait for that day, I’ll start singing it now. To God be the Glory! Amen.


Ralph


To God be the Glory!
Andrae Crouch
How can I say thanks
for all the things you have done for me
Things so undeserved
Yet you gave to prove your love for me
And the voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to Thee
(Chorus)
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done
(Bridge)
Just let me live my life
Let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee
Should I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done.


No comments:

Post a Comment