Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sing over that baby!

Sunday   9-18-16  (Home in Modesto, California)
Scripture reading:   Eze 45-46     Luke 1
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 1:76-79  And you, my little son, will be called the prophet of the Most High, because you will prepare the way for the Lord.  You will tell his people how to find salvation through forgiveness of their sins.  Because of God's tender mercy, the light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, and to guide us to the path of peace." NLT

O.  Apparently Zechariah the priest had been both deaf and dumb for 9 months, since receiving the prophetic word from the Angel Gabriel.  Certainly deaf, for they had to use signs to ask him what he wanted to name the child.  But the moment he wrote, “His name is John” his tongue was loosed and I assume that his hearing was also restored.  Now this happy elderly father takes this tiny boy in his arms and sings this wonderful song (above) over him. 

A.  It seems like only yesterday that I held the first of our three little boys in my arms and sang over him.  What joy poured out of my heart!  We were living in a tiny trailer house.  I was attending Southern California Bible College and working two part time jobs.  We had only enough income to barely cover our expenses.  I was eventually able to purchase a used little baby carriage that had been repainted. Our little blonde haired Ronny was the joy of our life.  Why am I weeping helplessly?  Those difficult, but wonderful years are gone... forever gone.  I can only relive them in my memories.  Now my Ronny is 60 years old... and I still love him... and want to sing over him. 

P.  Lord, if I could, I think I would encourage every Christian daddy and mommy to sing over that tiny child from the day of birth until they can no longer carry him or her in their arms.  Today I suffer for babies that are not wanted.  They do not have two loving parents. Instead of sensing love, these children are considered to be a bother by the adults that surround them.  They fly into a rage at the sound of their crying.  Oh Lord, have mercy on the children of addicts, prostitutes, evil men and women who themselves may have been born into hopeless homes that they are now imitating.  Help us to reach them... and by Your love and power, break the chains of that every-repeating generational curse.  In Jesus name, Amen.

Ralph
Jesus Loves Him
(We didn’t get a “her” until they married J)

Jesus loves him, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
They are weak, but He is strong

Yes, Jesus loves him
Yes, Jesus loves him
Yes, Jesus loves him
The Bible tells me so


No comments:

Post a Comment