Monday, October 10, 2016

Lord, please keep me out of trouble.

Sunday 10-9-2016  Martínez, Argentina
Today we read: Neh 1 – 2   Psalm 133 – 134    Luke 22

S.  Luke 22:47-51 But even as he said this, a mob approached, led by Judas, one of his twelve disciples. Judas walked over to Jesus and greeted him with a kiss. 48 But Jesus said, "Judas, how can you betray me, the Son of Man, with a kiss?"  When the other disciples saw what was about to happen, they exclaimed, "Lord, should we fight? We brought the swords!" And one of them slashed at the high priest's servant and cut off his right ear.  But Jesus said, "Don't resist anymore." And he touched the place where the man's ear had been and healed him. NLT

O.  Jesus has on his team a traitor and trigger happy fighter. Judas sells his Jesus for 30 pieces of silver and Peter doesn’t wait for Jesus to give the order to fight. He jumps into action, but Malco saw the sword coming intending to take off his head. He ducked and only lost his right ear… which went flying through the air. I can imagine Jesus picking up the bloody ear, dusts it off and pasting it perfectly where it belonged… thinking, “Leave it to Peter! Good thing he missed his target. We might have had a murder charge against us.”

A.  I am far too much like Simon Peter. My mouth, hands and feet all jump into action before my brain has had a chance to think. I have a friend that is just the opposite from me. He studies his every sentence before it comes out and makes no steps without considering the whole process. I don’t want to have to have Jesus picking up sliced ears after me… cleaning up my messes to keep me out of jail.

P.  So here is my prayer today, Lord. Please keep me out of trouble. This has been a delightful week. I am convinced that You have touched many lives.  It is now after 2 AM and I just got in from a great altar service.  This week somehow I have 10 speaking engagements within the next 7 days.  I pray that You will use me to bless children, youth and adults in the morning meetings, night meetings and the school chapels like You did last night. Thank You for these wonderful privileges to share Your message of love.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment