Monday, May 25, 2015

Choose Your Master!

Monday 5-25-15 (Bahia Blanca, Argentina)
Scripture reading:  1 Kings 10-11    2 Chron 9     Rom 6


S.  Rom 6:6-7  Rom 6:6-7  We are no longer slaves to sin.  For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin.  NLT

Vs 16-18  Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? You can choose sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God and receive his approval.  Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you have obeyed with all your heart the new teaching God has given you.  Now you are free from sin, your old master, and you have become slaves to your new master, righteousness. NLT


O.  What a simple and yet profound declaration!  This entire chapter clarifies the before and after of every sinner saved by God’s grace… every Christian.  Once we were… but now we are…


A.  Once I was a slave to sin.  Sinful desires dominated my life.  Now I have surrendered to my new Master… and His name is Righteousness.  Oh! His name is Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Isa 9:6  His name is Jesus!


P.  Lord of Heaven and Earth, I have chosen to be governed by Your rule.  Keep me close to You.  Never let me stray as King Solomon did in his last days.  A man once renowned for his God-given gift of wisdom, stumbled and stooped to the foolishness of worshipping the idols of his many foreign wives. 


Lord Jesus, I was just a little child when I chose to become Your love-slave.  I was conquered by Your love.  And yes, again this morning I am conquered by Your love.  May You be my Master and King forever!  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment