Sunday, May 10, 2015

Somebody is Imitating Me

Saturday 5-9-15  (Esquel, Argentina)
Scripture reading:     2 Sam 17      Ps 71     Matt 26


S.  Ps 71:7-8  My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection.  That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long. 

Vs 17-18  O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I have constantly told others about the wonderful things you do.  Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God.  Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me. 

Vs 22-23  Then I will praise you with music on the harp, because you are faithful to your promises, O God.  I will sing for you with a lyre, O Holy One of Israel.   I will shout for joy and sing your praises, for you have redeemed me.  NLT


O.  I have chosen to highlight three excerpts from David’s beautiful Psalm 71. 

1. “My life is an example to many…” The fact is that every life lived is an example to many.  I cannot live my life without affecting the lives of those I touch.  I am an example whether I like it or not.  And if I am in a position of ministry I have a greater responsibility than others for I represent the King of Kings.

2.  David tells us God has been with him since his earlest childhood.  Now he is old and gray and wanting to pass the story of God’s power to this new generation.

3.  David picks up his harp and says to God, “I will sing for you” sings praises to His God just like he did when watching sheep on a distant hillside… and his praises are not lost… they find their way to God’s throne.


A.  I cannot ignore the similarities I see to my own life. 

1. Today I have become well-known in certain circles.  Along with my little friend, Felipe, I am splashed all over YouTube for hundreds to see and hear my messages.  I sense the depth of my responsibility to represent Jesus My Lord for, like it or not, I am taken as an example. 

2.  My parents taught me to surrender my life to God as a little child and I am now old and wanting to pass the torch into the hands of younger men and women, youth, adolescents and even little children.

3.  I cannot stay away from the instruments of music that God has allowed me to enjoy.  I often return to them to sing His praises when alone with my Savior.


P.  Thank you, Lord, for preserving this wonderful psalm of praise to You… for me to enjoy and be encouraged… even in my sunset years.  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment