Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Make-Over

Wednesday 5-27-15 (Tres Arroyos, Argentina)
Scripture reading:  Prov 4-6    Rom 8


S.  Rom 8:29-30  For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn, with many brothers and sisters.  And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And he gave them right standing with himself, and he promised them his glory.  NLT


O.  God knows His people.  God chose His people to become like His Son.  God called His people.  God gave His people justification.  And He promises to glorify His people. 


A.  What a series of events!  God knew me before I knew myself.  He knew I was a scamp and a potential rascal, but He chose me anyway.  Then He called to me… “Hey you, Yes, you, Ralph… I am calling you to follow me!”  It was and is an invitation to join myself to Him and His cause.  The word “call” now shifts the choice into my hands.  He “calls” to each of us… “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)  


I was a mess.  I was hell-bound.  I was without hope.  But He called me anyway!  He called and I chose to drop my toys and trinkets to follow Him.  He called me to make me into something I was not.  He offered me a total “make-over.”  He called me to become like His Son.  “Please keep working on me God.  I’ve got a long ways to go.”  Then He justified me…  canceled my debt... took my hell… and let His innocent Son, Jesus, take my death sentence!  And on top of it all He promises for me something called “glory.”  Known, chosen, called, justified and glorified!  What a package!  And it’s offered free to all!


P.  Dear God, it’s not all over yet.  This is a life-long process.  I am still in formation.  You still have this chunk of mud on Your Potter’s wheel.  It’s still spinning.  Douse me… soften me with the water of Your Holy Spirit.  And as I yield again to You today… Oh!  I can feel Your wonderful, gentle hands shaping me into something better, something more beautiful, something more useful… someone more like Your Son, Jesus.  Amen.


Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment