Monday, November 23, 2015

Jesus vs Mohammed

Sunday   11-22-15    Modesto, California

Scripture reading:   Matt 11 - 13

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Matt 12:18-21  Look at my Servant, whom I have chosen.  He is my Beloved, and I am very pleased with him.  I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. He will not fight or shout; he will not raise his voice in public. He will not crush those who are weak, or quench the smallest hope, until he brings full justice with his final victory.  And his name will be the hope of all the world." NLT


O.  Matthew often quotes Old Testament prophecies to prove that Jesus life and actions are certainly their fulfillment, proving Him to be the long-awaited Messiah.  The above is a quote from Isaiah 42.  It is a beautiful picture of my powerful, yet humble and meek Jesus.


A.  Yesterday I went on the internet to see for myself if there are actual violent quotes in the Quran, the writings of the “prophet” Mohammed.  And there were many.  It is clearly the work of a troubled leader encouraging his followers to torture and kill those who refuse to believe his doctrine, even proposing to cut off one hand and one foot on opposite sides of the body or cutting off their fingers.**   It seems to me to present the exact opposite of Jesus’ message of love and sacrifice for the healing and benefit of others.


Then last night I happened to see a video filmed in a section of Afghanistan which is now claiming to be a part of the ISIS nation.  As I see it these are just fervent religious people who take literally their manual, el Quran.  I watched them training little children how to kill with granades and other weapons.  My heart breaks for these children and their leaders.  One video showed a 13 year old and a 17 year old with hidden faces, who both stated that they are ready now to blow themselves up for Allah and are just awaiting their orders from their leaders.  How sad to see this deadly religion now being promoted in the USA and even being heralded as peaceful.  As I see it the only difference between peaceful Muslims and ISIS is that they take Mohammed at his word and repeat often that their goal is to have the entire world forced under sharia law.


P.  Dear Lord Jesus, I do not hate these people.  Yet I cannot help but see the contrast of Your presentation of the true Gospel!  I am so saddened to see little children taught that it is their religious duty to kill others that are no threat to them.  And I feel equally sad for their leaders that are teaching them.  They are only living the “religion” that they, themselves, have been taught from childhood.  I pray for them.  May Your message of love reach them and conquer them one by one.  And may we Christians become as fervent and courageous about presenting Your wonderful gospel of love as they are in pushing for world domination.  


Ralph


**Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"  



No comments:

Post a Comment