Monday, November 16, 2015

Zacatecoluca

Zacatecoluca!  A six syllable indigenous name for this pretty little city.  After you pronounce it a few times, it rolls off your tongue like strawberry jello.

This morning, Saturday 14th November, Pastor and Mrs Rodriguez took me a little more than one hour to Zacatecoluca for a special children’s event with Pastor Oscar Rodriguez. 


This church is only 13 years old and they have... purchased the property, built this church, and started two other churches nearby, plus a Bible Institute.  This morning they bussed in a total of 110 children from all three churches. 


These kids were respectful, attentive and were quick learners.  Everybody there got a chance to pet Perfume. 


Among many other things I used the “disappear one more word, one more” system to teach them John 8:12.  (Jesus said, I am the Light of the World.  Anyone who follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the Light of Life.”) After repeating it together, then one by one disappearing all the words.  Several kids came to the mike and repeated it perfectly.  Hopefully the Lord tucked that jewel down inside these lives to light up their lives. 


This little guy... who must be only 5 years old, just received a big applause and a prize after repeating the verse into the microphone.  


I taught them to sing “Caminando con Jesus.” (Walking with Jesus with His torch held high... a song I kind of invented.)  Check out the tiny flaming torch in my right hand.

Finally I gave them the Good News/Bad News/Good News message.  These kids will make it... not because of me, but because of dedicated volunteer workers that meet with them every week and steer them onto the Jesus Road.


This picture is from the previous night at the San Salvador church.  I want you to meet David.  He was there at every service, even those for parents.  He walks the crowded market areas selling stuff to create income.  He stuck to me like glue wanting to carry my stuff or whatever... and after 7 days of this, I fell in love with little David.  I prayed that the Lord will make a godly man out of him... maybe a preacher.  Why not?  I wouldn’t be the first time!

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment