Tuesday, August 30, 2016

“Come up here and I will show you.”

Tuesday 8-30-2016  Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading: Eze 8 - 11  Rev 4
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer SOAP for the soul.

S. Rev 4:1-2 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. NIV


O. John was banished on the small island of Patmos for preaching the gospel. One can still visit the cave where he is supposed to have lived… alone and isolated. But Jesus shows up. Now Jesus has just finished dictating to John the messages directed to the seven churches. Suddenly John looks and behold… a door is open in heaven. Again he hears the voice of Jesus, “Come up here. I have some things to show you.” From this point to the end of the book John struggles with the limitation of words to describe what he is seeing.


A. It is still vivid in my mind. I was probably no more than 5 years old. One night I dreamed that I was kneeling on the big blue couch which was backed up against the large front window. I was looking out into the dark night when suddenly before me in the sky the darkness seemed to roll back and I watched in awe as a huge, bright golden city was there in the sky. There were glowing, gold colored buildings and towers. I knew it was heaven. I stared in awe. And then, just as suddenly, it was gone. I wanted to run to awaken my mother and tell her that God had showed me heaven. It was only a dream, but someday soon it will become reality for me.


P.  Lord, when I see the delicate beauty of an orchid and stare at stunning mountain peaks  mirrored in the lake below; when I hear the ocean’s breakers roar as they push toward the shore… I know that just ahead are beauties that I could never describe in words.  One of these days I will see that open door and You will say, “Come up here, my son, I’ve got some things to show you.” 1 Cor 2:9 “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." NKJV  Amen.


Ralph

BEYOND THE SUNSET
Music: Blanche Kerr Brock
Lyrics: Virgil P Brock

Beyond the sunset, oh blissful morning,
When with our Saviour heav'n has begun.
Earth's toiling ended oh glorious dawning;
Beyond the sunset, when day is done.

Beyond the sunset, no clouds will gather,
No storms will threaten no fears annoy;
Oh day of gladness oh day unending,
Beyond the sunset, eternal joy

Beyond the sunset, a hand will guide me
To God the Father, whom I adore;
His glorious presence, His words of welcome,
Will be my portion on that fair shore

Beyond the sunset, o glad reunion,
With our dear loved ones who've gone before;
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting,
Beyond the sunset forever more.






No comments:

Post a Comment