Monday, August 1, 2016

He shook a nation

Monday 8-1-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Isaiah 65 – 66   Psalm 62   John 3
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  John 3:28-32 “You all know that I have always insisted that I am not the Christ.  I have been sent before Him.  The Bridegroom has His bride, but the best man who stands beside Him and listens to His words is filled with joy at that sound of His voice.  This wonderful joy is mine.  His fame will increase, but I will soon fade out of sight.  He comes from heaven and is above all.  I am just an earthy creature with a limited message.  He speaks from experience about heavenly things because He has come down from there.”  NUHV*

O.  What a guy, this John the Baptist!  At the height of his fame he surrenders his importance to the One Who is seen as his competitor. “I am just His announcer. I am here to set up the stage with all the lights focused on Him. I will take my bow now and disappear, so that when the curtain opens again, all eyes will be upon the Son of God, my friend, Jesus Christ.”

A.  And who am I?  I am not competing with another show for TV time.  I must not, I dare not become the star.  I am just His announcer.  I am here for one purpose, to set the stage for lost men and women, and little children to focus upon and… really see the King and hear His voice.

P.  Lord, You used John the Baptist to shake a nation to the core, even disturbing the throne of King Herod.  You watched as this guy, John, refused to take the applause of his fans. He pointed them to You, Lord Jesus. He did the “setup” for You to follow. Can I do that, Lord?  What’s that you are saying to me? “Don’t forget, Ralph, … That cost him his life!  Oh, yeah, You are right, Lord.  Well, then maybe you can use me to shake something smaller than a nation.  Okay?  Amen.

Ralph
*NUHV the New Unauthorized Hiatt Version



No comments:

Post a Comment