Thursday, August 25, 2016

What is real love, anyway?

Tuesday 8-23-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Jer 31 - 32    1 John 4
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 John 4:9-11 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.  NKJV

1 John 4:9-11 God displayed His great love for us by sending His One and only Son into our world to be a channel for His life to reach us.  So… What is real love? It is not that we have loved God, but that He loved us sinners and sent His Son to be tortured and sacrificed for our sins. If God loved us that much, that is how we should display our love to fellow sinners that surround us.  NUHV*


O.  The elder Apostle John is saying: “God loves us SO MUCH that He gave us the only thing He could not create… so now we should give like THAT to display our true love for other sinners.


A.  I don’t have any more sons to give Him back, so I want to give Him back my own life to show my true love for Him.


P.  Dear Lord, I cannot give You my life and then walk away and say, “Been there, done that.”  To do so, would be to take back my love gift to You. So every day, if I awaken again to see the light of day, I must run into Your waiting arms and once again give You my life… for today.  And You are prompting me today to display that same love for unlovely sinners around me, just like You did… by giving my life away. Precious Jesus, let me be an open channel of Your love today.  Amen.


Ralph

*New Unauthorized Hiatt Version


No comments:

Post a Comment