Saturday, August 20, 2016

Please hurry, Lord. I need it yesterday!

Friday 8-19-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Jer 45 - 47    Psalm 105    John 21
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 105:17-19 He sent a man before them — Joseph — who was sold as a slave. They hurt his feet with fetters, He was laid in irons.  Until the time that his word came to pass, the word of the LORD tested him.
NKJV

O.  Joseph serves as an example of waiting patiently for God to fulfil His promises.  He was 17 years old when he was sold by his half-brothers into slavery and made to walk to Egypt in chains, then resold to Potiphar.  A few years later he was falsely accused and send to prison. Yet Joseph held fast his hope that God would someday fulfil his God-given dreams.


A.  I have to confess that patience is not inbred in me. I often wondered why God sent me to Latin America, where everybody has to wait in line for everything… at the bus stop, at the bank, at the grocery store, on the phone.  I have seen elderly people waiting in a line that wrapped around the block, just to try to pick up their measly retirement check for the month and some have collapsed in the heat.  So many elderly folk have to pay someone else to wait in line for them.  In fact, there are people in Latin America that earn their entire living by waiting in line for others, to pay their bills, bank a check, or buy a loaf of bread.  Did you get it?  I hate to wait in line!


P.  Lord, you know I need patience right now. I’m sorry, but I haven’t the time to wait in line for it.  What are you telling me?  That patience is not given out as a gift from heaven?  I have to learn it?  Learn it!  No, please!  I need it yesterday!  Okay, Lord, I am going to try to slow down a little bit and wait for Your angels to catch up with me.  You know me too well, Lord.  I guess I have no choice, but to wait in line for Your patience.  At least I am not suffering as a slave in a prison, like Joseph. I should be rejoicing.  In fact, I think I’ll try rejoicing while I am waiting.  Maybe I’ll just count my blessings while I’m rejoicing: 1, 2, 3… 112, 113, 114… 3,340, 3,341… Oh yes!  I am blessed beyond measure. Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment