Sunday, August 14, 2016

I shall not be, I shall not be moved.

Sunday 8-14-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Jer 16 – 17    Psalm 96    John 16
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Jer 17:7-8 "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, and whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.” NKJV


O.  Jeremiah is not popular as a preacher. Most of his message thus far has been promising disasters of every kind upon God’s chosen people who had abandoned Him for a mixture of heathen idols. But occasionally the Lord allows him to speak forth a precious gem with promises of blessing. What is it that divides the cursed from the blessed? It is not that they are perfect. It is simply this: one puts his trust in the One and Only True God. This gem is very similar to the first Psalm. It is the picture of a single flourishing green tree among a forest of dead and dying stumps. Paul calls it being rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith. (Colossians 2:6-7)


A.  I want to be among those who trust in the Lord and have hope in Him.  I want to be that tree whose roots reach down to draw up living water.  I want to be one who does not fear when the heat is on, for my very life flows from a different Source than the world around me.


P.  Lord, even when the forest around me may be dead wood, when everyone within earshot may be complaining about dry wells, and when their fruit may be rotting and worthless, in the middle of draught, You promise to keep me yielding good fruit and able to bless the needy world around me. May my trust be firmly rooted in You for that is what makes the difference! Amen.


Ralph

I Shall Not Be Moved

Jesus is my Savior, I shall not be moved;
In His love and favor, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved.

In my Christ abiding, I shall not be moved;
In His love I'm hiding, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved.

If I trust Him ever, I shall not be moved;
He will fail me never, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved. 

On His word I'm feeding, I shall not be moved;
He's the One that's leading, I shall not be moved,
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved. 

Chorus
I shall not be, I shall not be moved;
I shall not be, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
Lord, I shall not be moved.



No comments:

Post a Comment