Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Way

Saturday 8-20-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Jer 48 - 49    Psalm 67    1 John 1
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 67:1-2 God be merciful to us and bless us, And cause His face to shine upon us! (Selah… meditate upon this) That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.

Acts 24:14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets. (Apostle Paul on trial)

John 14:5-6 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.  NKJV


O.  The psalmist declares that God’s way, His salvation be made known in all the earth.  The Jews in Paul’s day referred to the Gospel as “the Way.”  Jesus says “the Way” is not a map, or a sect.  The Way is a Person.  His name is Jesus.


A.  So what is my purpose, traveling back and forth to Argentina and the USA? I want make God’s Way, Jesus, the only Way, known in all the earth. 


P.  Lord, what a privilege You have given me and continue to give me to share the Way with the people in distant nations!  May I be faithful to Your calling as long as my feet can walk and my mouth can talk.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.


Ralph

Isa 30:21 "This is the way; walk in it." NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment