Thursday, October 29, 2015

Caution: When a liar speaks truth

Thursday   10-29-15  Home in Modesto

Scripture reading:    Job 20     Mark 3-4

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Mark 3:11-12  And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, they would fall down in front of him shrieking, "You are the Son of God!" But Jesus strictly warned them not to say who he was.

Vs 21 When his family heard what was happening, they tried to take him home with them. "He's out of his mind," they said.

Vs 22 But the teachers of religious law who had arrived from Jerusalem said, "He's possessed by Satan, the prince of demons.  NLT


O.  Jesus was the talk of the town.  In fact people had come walking from as far as 35 miles away to see His miracles.  Everybody had an opinion about Him.  His own brothers, didn’t believe in Him until after His resurrection.**  They accused Him of being out of His mind and tried to snatch Him and take Him home.  The religious elite classified Him as demon possessed.  The only ones that had Him figured out correctly were those that harbored evil spirits.  They would fall down in front of him shrieking, "You are the Son of God!" But Jesus did not appreciate their screaming, shut them down and cast them out.


A.  Even when the Devil, the Father of lies**, speaks the truth it is intended for evil.   There is a lot of truth in Mormonism, Jehovah Witnessism, Hinduism, Buddhism and a hundred more “isms”... but those truths are designed to capture ignorant souls and distract them from the Truth with a capital “T”.  Jesus identified the Truth when He made the declaration:  "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”  John 14:6 NLT 


P.  Lord, may I not become distracted by the evil that surrounds me that often speaks “truthful words” with the design to lure me into nets of lies.  May I be able to always recognize Your “Spirit of Truth” for You said, When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. John 16:13  So Guide me, Oh Thou Great Jehovah!  Amen.


Ralph

**John 7:5 “For even his brothers didn't believe in him.”  NLT
**John 8:45 “... for he is a liar and the father of lies.”  NLT

Guide me, O thou great Jehovah, 
pilgrim through this barren land. 

I am weak, but thou art mighty; 

hold me with thy powerful hand. 

Bread of heaven, bread of heaven, 

feed me till I want no more; 

feed me till I want no more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment