Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Words engraved in stone

Wednesday   10-28-15  Home in Modesto

Scripture reading:    Job 19     Mark 1-2

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Job 19:23-25  Oh, that my words could be written. Oh, that they could be inscribed on a monument, carved with an iron chisel and filled with lead, engraved forever in the rock.  But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and that he will stand upon the earth at last.  NLT


O.  Job had been abandoned by his friends and relatives.  Even the servant girl in his house avoided him and his wife couldn’t stand his bad breath.  It seemed to him, even God would not listen.  Only if someone would listen and write it down... engrave it on stone!  He could never have imagined that I would be reading his words many centuries after someone had written them down.  In his very next breath he makes a bold statement of faith... He knows that his Redeemer lives and will show up at last and he will see Him with his own eyes.


A.  Brother Job hangs in there in the worse moments of his life.  In his perception God has abandoned him... yet he expresses a deep faith in Him.  Could I have done the same?  Job’s words, both good and bad were all being recorded as if engraved in stone.   Jesus said, “I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Matt 12:36-37 KJV  Brother Job, your words are eternally recorded and so are mine.  That is an awesome thought!


P.  Heavenly Father, if my every word was written and recorded for others to witness, what would they see and hear?   Would they be uplifting words or would they push others down?  Would they hear songs of praise from my lips when I am alone in my home?  Or would they hear me grumbling about a property tax increase?  Job said some pretty bad things about You, God... and still You, in the end, rescued him, redeemed him and encouraged his mouth to praise You once more.  Job’s experience gives me hope in You, Father... a forgiving, generous God.  Life can be cruel, but I know my Redeemer lives and I will see Him face to face one day.  Amen.


Ralph

Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face,
There to sing forever of His saving grace;
On the streets of glory let me lift my voice,
Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.


No comments:

Post a Comment