Thursday, October 1, 2015

I never saw her behind a pulpit.

Wednesday   9-23-15  (Leaving this morning for Spain)
Scripture reading:   Dan 11-12    Luke 6

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Dan 12:3-4  Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.  NLT


O.  The Angel Gabriel is closing his long speech describing the end times.  Now this highly honored angel from heaven searches for a simile to compare with the future of soul winners.  “They will shine like the stars forever!”


A.  My mother was not a preacher.  I never saw her behind a pulpit, but she was a soul-winner who intentionally spent much of her life seeking out lost souls on skid row and in hospital beds... offering men and women alike the new, abundant, eternal life paid for by her beloved Jesus Christ.


P.  Lord, what do I do in my spare time?  I had such a great example in my mother!  I have no excuse to hide Your message of love.  May my life become a link in the events that turn many to righteousness!  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment