Tuesday, October 20, 2015

She left with her “assurance” up to date.

Tuesday   10-20-15  Home in Modesto
Scripture reading:    Job 6-8   Acts 12

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Job 6:11  I do not have the strength to endure.  I do not have a goal that encourages me to carry on.  NLT


O.  Brother Job had lost his great wealth, his family and his health.  But more drastic than all these losses, he had lost his hope.  He felt he no longer had a goal to look forward to. 


A.  Early in this century many had placed their hopes in their “safe” investments and when the economic crash destroyed their nest-egg... some opted for suicide.  All of us took losses, but some lost everything, because their “everything”, their “hope” was centered in material gain. 


P.  What a blessing I have in You, my Savior!  This cruel world can take away my wealth, my home, my freedom, my health and even my life, but it cannot take away my hope.  No situation can extinguish the “Light of Life” waiting for me at the end of the tunnel.  My dear Frances stepped off this planet with more than just hope... She left with “anticipation” and “assurance” of seeing Jesus, and her loved ones.  She looked forward to her new home in heaven.   Jesus, You have given me, among other joys... the gift of hope.  No atheist can enjoy this blessing.  Amen.



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment