Saturday, October 17, 2015

I love you, too, Sweetie.

Saturday   10-17-15  Home in Modesto

Scripture reading:    Job 1-2   Acts 6-7

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Job 2:8-10  Then Job scraped his skin with a piece of broken pottery as he sat among the ashes.  His wife said to him, "Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die."  But Job replied, "You talk like a godless woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?" So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.  NLT


O.  Job is being tested.  There is nothing fair about this test.  Yet God allowed it to happen even though it was entirely Satan’s idea and action.   Job’s closest companion, his wife, who can see his suffering first hand, joins the demons of hell to drive him deeper.  “Just get it over with, my dear.  Curse God and die.”  Job gives his sores another scrape with a piece of broken pottery and says, “Thanks very much, Sweetie.  I love you, too.”  Job’s real answer (above) strikes home today. 


A.  We take ten thousand blessings from the hand of God and brag, “Look what I have accomplished!”  And the first time Satan throws a stick at us... some people I know literally curse... and scream, “God, why are You doing this to me?”  You are right.  I would never curse and scream at God.  Yet God, who reads my thoughts as well as my spoken words, may sometimes be disappointed in what He sees in my heart.


P.  Lord I am reminded of Psalm 19:14 “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”  KJV  And this is my prayer today.  Amen.


Ralph


PS.  A friend of mine told me of a young man whose leg had to be amputated last week to save his life.  He had apparently been at a late night party and in the darkness before dawn had raced off in his motorcycle, possibly under the influence of drugs or liquor, and had an accident.  He was visited in the hospital and wanted nothing to do with a God that would do this to me.”  Hello! 



No comments:

Post a Comment