Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Still in Spain

Yes, I am still in Spain.  This is Segovia.  I am just leaving here for Ciempozuelos.   

My hotel is only 200 yards from this impressive aqueduct built by the Romans about 50 BC.  We are told it still carries water to its destiny... but now in pipes.  Each rock is cut to perfect size and shape.  They tell me nothing is between them... just rock to rock.  

How did they get those precut rocks up there?  Maybe lowered from a helicopter, don’t you think?




Here is my summer castle which I plan to buy, maybe next year, for my future retirement.  Built by the Arabs before 1200 AD.  



The competition got a head start on us.  We have a relatively new church in this city, not quite this fancy... in a rented hall with a congregation of about 40, I think.

Wonderful, remarkable services!  I want to write each story, but have no time.  

Tonight I minister in Ciempozuelos.  


Tomorrow I drive 300 miles southwest to the tiny mountain town of Cásares for my next evening service and ministry in several schools. 

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment