Sunday, May 8, 2016

A young, brilliant police chief

(Pictures below)

Monday 5-9-2016  (Comodoro Rivadavia, Patagonia Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  2 Sam 17    Ps 71    Matt 26
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 71:1-3 In You, O LORD, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame. Deliver me in Your righteousness, and cause me to escape; Incline Your ear to me, and save me. Be my strong refuge, To which I may resort continually; You have given the commandment to save me, For You are my rock and my fortress. NKJV

O. David had been hunted like a deer, fleeing for his life in the bushes and caves of the desert, first by King Saul and now by his own son, Absalom. He needed a safe place. God became his hiding place, his fortress.

A. This morning I am drawn to the word “continually.” David knew that wherever he had to flee, God was there to be his rock and refuge. I have been far away from my family and my dearest ones... yet my refuge, my secret hiding place, my hidden friend, the Comforter is always there. When I am aged and gray-headed, sometimes broken and tired, I run into my fortress and hide.  For I have been given a wonderful privilege: to “declare Your strength to this generation, Your power to everyone who is to come.” Ps 71:18

 Last Saturday after driving 84 miles in traffic, at noon I ministered to children. They are the  who is to come group... here in Comodoro Rivadavia with Pastor Claudio Primo. 

Faces



At 3:30 PM I was invited to join with the local police in a fun time with children. Still to the young group “who is to come in a crowded neighborhood, troubled by violence. The police chief brings his staff in full uniform to lead games with Sebastian, a professional Christian clown from Pastor Primo’s AG church.
 

So this Saturday afternoon we included Felipe telling about his Friend, Jesus!  












The young, brilliant police chief is cutting off the violence at its source by making friends with the kids. Is anybody listening in the USA?


Then that night I preached to their church youth service packed to the doors with “this generation”.


They responded to a simple message with a powerful hour of dedication, seeking God on their knees until after 11:45 PM when I shot this picture.  

Come on youth of the Church of the USA!  Join us giving it all to Jesus... or take the option and slowly die out.


P.  Lord I pray for these beautiful young men and women. May this new generation in Argentina and in the USA discover the true Source of their strength. It is not in programs, entertainment or methods. Your incredible power is hidden in Your secret place of refuge. May I run “continually” into that fortress.  And may this generation not surrender to the ways of the degenerated culture of this day. I give them to You to cuddle in Your arms, to feed and strengthen and to send back out into a filthy, sin-cursed culture. May they light up their dark world with Your living message!  For you are Christ Jesus, the Light of the world!  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment