Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Ah! Nothing’s like a nice “Spiritual Shower” in the morning!

Friday 4-29-2016  (City of 28 de Noviembre, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading  2 Sam 4 – 5   Ps 139   Matt 16

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Ps 139:15-16 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them.
Vs 23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. NKJV

O. It appears to me that David realized that his body was made of materials found in the earth below him.  It seems like he is saying, “You, Lord, saw the molecules in the earth that would eventually become my physical body. It was all written down in Your book before my body took shape in the womb of my mother.”  He closes this marvelous psalm with a plea for God to search his heart and guide him in the way leading to everlasting life.

A.  Yesterday as I was leaving Rio Gallegos a young cadet on duty at the military check point insisted on searching my car very carefully.  He went thoroughly through everything inside my car and in the trunk, demanding an explanation for each item. He was just doing his job. I must have looked like a crook to him.  God could do a better job than that young military man in less than a second. He checked out the molecules that formed my body while they were still in the earth.

P. My heart cries out with David, “Search my heart, Oh Lord.” Yes, Holy Spirit, reveal to me those dark spots that need to be cleansed. I may be blind to my own wickedness. I know that my heart, like David’s, is far from Your divine perfection.  Just as I need a daily shower, wash me, cleanse me. Strike out everything that is not pleasing to You... and fill every dark corner of my soul with the brilliant glory of Your Holy presence. Ah! Thank You! There is nothing like a nice warm spiritual shower in the morning! Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment