Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I was that little child!

Sunday 5-1-2016  (Rio Gallegos, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading  1 Chron 14 - 15    Ps 132    Matt 18

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Matt 18:2-5 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me. NKJV

O. Oh what a tender scene. Jesus calls a little child out of the crowd. Without fear the little guy comes running into Jesus’ arms. Perhaps Jesus bows down to his size and gives him a loving hug... then lifts him high in the air for all to see.  See this little guy?  He has no fear, no pride to dampen his trust, no complicated concepts taught from deep thinkers to destroy his faith. He is a child and has just been called out and hugged by the King of all kings.

A. My heart says I would like to have been that little guy... and suddenly I remember: I was that little guy. I was kneeling beside my mother at the living room couch. Suddenly I found myself running into the arms of Jesus. He took me into his loving hands. He lifted up from the filth of this world to another world. In only a few moments I was standing beside that couch singing from deep inside, “Oh, how I love Jesus!  Oh, how I love Jesus!  Oh, how I love Jesus!  Because He first loved me.” I sang it again and again all day long... and another little chorus that says, “I can, I will, I do believe.  I can, I will, I do believe.  I can, I will, I do believe that Jesus saves me now!”

P.  Lord Jesus, I was only a little child when You called me out of the crowd. I was no better than anyone else. I had no potential as far as I knew. Unlike most adults, I had nothing to lose.  You did not have to call my name twice. I was ready. I had not yet suffered the exposure of the philosophies of an unbelieving world. I wept, for I knew I was a sinner. Only You know where I might have crashed without You. You rescued me from the depths of sin.  That is where I was probably heading. You saved me from the pit. I was Yours and You were mine!  And 79 years later I am still Yours and You are still mine... forever.  Amen.  

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment