Wednesday, May 4, 2016

In his name the nations will put their hope.

Monday, April 25, 2016 Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego (The southernmost city in the world)
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 30 - 31   1 Chron 10   Matt 12
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Matt 12:18  Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
Vs 20-21 A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench, Till He sends forth justice to victory; And in His name Gentiles will trust." NKJV

O. Matthew is careful to use many prophecies from their only Bible, the Old Testament, showing Jesus to be the long awaited Messiah.  But there is something that many Jews had a hard time accepting. It is the final words of this portion from Isaiah... that gentiles, people of other nations, will put their trust in Him. The Jews had always felt that the Creator, Jehovah Dios was theirs alone. But God’s Son, Jesus, their Messiah will burst through frontiers of Israel. The Messiah’s Kingdom will touch every nation of the globe. In His name nations shall place their trust.

A. It is the passion that drives me and every missionary to his or her distant field of calling. At the cost of our lives we feel honored to carry the Messiah’s message of His love, His kindness and His supreme sacrifice to the ends of the earth. I write this from the southernmost city in the world, Ushuaia... truly the end of the earth, where I was privileged to preach last night. It is for this cause of expanding the borders of the Messiah’s international Kingdom I choose to sacrifice the years of my life… until in His name the nations shall put their trust.

P.  Oh Lord of all the earth, my Creator and my Redeemer… may I proclaim Your name among the nations until men and women, youth and children put their hope in You!  Amen,


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment