Sunday, May 8, 2016

Forgiven!

Sunday 5-8-2016  (Comodoro Rivadavia, Patagonia Argentina) 
Scripture Reading:  2 Sam 15 -16    Ps 32    Matt 25
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 32:1-2 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.  Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.
Vs 5  I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. NKJV

O. She was a Jewish actress.  I don’t recall her name.  She said something like, “I have no use for a God that just let’s evil sinners off the hook!” 

A.  I learned several things about her with that statement. 
·        She does not include herself among “evil sinners”.  She obviously sees herself as better than others.
·        She knows nothing about the blessing of forgiveness to both the forgiven and the forgiver.
·        She does not understand that our Wonderful Creator God and Heavenly Father did NOT just let us “evil sinners” off the hook.  His perfect justice would not allow that.  Instead He loved us undeserving rebels so much He sent His only Son, Who willingly took my lashes and carried the heavy burden of my sins to a cruel cross where He suffered my punishment.

P.  Oh Lord God, I can now sing with undeserving King David... “Happy is he whose sin has been forgiven!” It has been paid for, the sentence completely covered.  Thank You, Jesus, for not just posting bail to hold us over until judgment day.  You literally took the brunt of the whole evil thing and suffered hell in my place.  That fact makes You my Savior.  And since You identify Yourself with Your Father, I can bow and worship at Your feet today.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment