Wednesday, May 4, 2016

What a picture of my loving, caring, merciful God!

Monday 5-2-2016  (Rio Gallegos, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading  1 Chron What a picture of a loving, caring, merciful God! 

Monday 5-2-2016  (Rio Gallegos, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading  1 Chron 16    Ps 106    Matt 19

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Ps 106:43-45 Many times He delivered them; But they rebelled in their counsel, And were brought low for their iniquity. Nevertheless He regarded their affliction, When He heard their cry; And for their sake He remembered His covenant,
Vs 47-48 Save us, O LORD our God, And gather us from among the Gentiles,To give thanks to Your holy name, To triumph in Your praise. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel From everlasting to everlasting! And let all the people say, "Amen!" Praise the LORD!  NKJV

O. This psalm sums up a brief history of the unstable, wayward nation of Israel... as God blessed them with salvation from their enemies, drying up the Red Sea.  Yet again and again they sinned.  They rebelled against their kind and loving God... and again and again God reached out to rescue them.  

A.  Oh! What a picture of a loving, caring, merciful God!  I cannot save myself. My best deeds look like filthy rags in His sight. He reads the book of my heart. He hears the cry of my soul. He reaches out to me with mercy when I do not and cannot deserve it.  An ancient song I used to sing as a child: “I, though so unworthy, still I’m a child of His care.  For His Word teaches me that His love reaches me everywhere.” 

P.  “Everywhere” includes Rio Gallegos, here near the southern tip of the world. Let Your mercies and love flood over my soul today! I thank you for a wonderful service here last night.  I have many miles to travel tomorrow to minister in San Julian.  I pray for Your protection and care... not based on my goodness or my accomplishments, but firmly upon Your great goodness, Your mercies and Your infinite grace. You are still my Savior!  Amen.

Ralph  
Wide, Wide as the Ocean

Wide, wide as the ocean.
High as the heavens above.
Deep, deep as the deepest sea
Is my Savior’s love.
I, though so unworthy,
Still I’m a child of His care
For his Word teaches me
That His love reaches me everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment