Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Obviously David was “Pentecostal”.

Saturday 4-30-2016  (Rio Gallegos, Argentina) 
Scripture Reading  2 Sam 6   1 Chron 13    Ps 68    Matt 17

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. 2 Sam 6:20-22 And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, "How glorious was the king of Israel today, uncovering himself today in the eyes of the maids of his servants, as one of the base fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!" So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD.  And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor." NKJV

O. David was king! But he “let down his hair” so to speak and danced before the Lord in front of everybody. David’s wife, Saul’s daughter, Michal saw him dancing like a fool before the ark and despised him in her heart. Obviously she did not lower herself to join the celebration. So with a heart filled with joy, David comes home... to a wife that insults him for being such a fool.  But David promises his queenly wife, “And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight.”

A. Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember the feeling. I was rejoicing inside about something great and a friend or relative threw cold water on my rejoicing heart with some heavy insults. Fortunately, my mind erases the details of all my worse, most embarrassing   moments... only the bitter feeling faintly remains in a hidden corner of my mind.

P.  Lord, obviously David was “Pentecostal”. We “Pentecostals” just let go and worship You like little children. We don’t worry too much about what the public thinks about us. There is King David dancing and whirling like a child in front of Your Ark of the Covenant. I don’t whirl and dance any more... come to think of it, I never got into that style, but once is a while I just let go to celebrate and worship You, My Lord and My God!  Amen.


Ralph   

No comments:

Post a Comment