Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Father, don’t let me waste it.

Tuesday 1-12-16 (Home in Modesto, California)  
   
Scripture reading for today:    Gen 29 - 30      Luke 12

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Luke 12:47-48  And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.   But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.  NKJV


O.  Jesus was ministering to a very religious people.  They learned the Old Testament scriptures from childhood.  They enjoyed the blessing of more light than the heathen of surrounding nations and thus held more responsibility. 


A.  Where then does this leave me?  I have not only the Old Testament, I am blessed to have the New Testament... the fulfillment of the old.  I am doubly blessed by being raised in a Christian family.  My parents shielded their children from many evil influences.  I doubt there was a single family in our neighborhood that so carefully protected their children.  And I had the influence of the church, good Sunday School teachers and excellent preachers of the Word.  I was encouraged to memorize scripture before I could read.  In a sense God has made a hefty investment in me. So doubtless He expects more from me.  What a great responsibility rests upon my shoulders!  Yet I do not see that as a burden, but a blessing.  What a privilege to serve Him! 


P.  I love You, Lord Jesus!  I recognize that I do not deserve any of these blessings.  They are gifts from You.  May I never take these things for granted and always be faithful and generous to share all You have given me with those that have little or no Christian background.  I only pray for the anointing of Your Holy Spirit to lead me to the lost and fill my mouth with Your words and direct my actions to be an expression of Your great love.  Heavenly Father, You have given me so much!  Don’t let me waste it.  Amen.


Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment