Thursday, January 7, 2016

The God-Who-Sees-Me

Wednesday 1-6-16 (Kenton, Washington, Ruth Alice Hiatt’s home) 
    
Scripture reading for today:    Gen 15 - 17        Luke 6

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Gen 16:7-9  Now the Angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.  And He said, "Hagar, Sarai's maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?" She said, "I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai." The Angel of the LORD said to her, "Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand."


Gen 16:13  Then she called the name of the LORD who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees ...  NKJV


O.  Hagar got the short end of the deal.  She is a victim of circumstances.  She is pregnant, despised and mistreated by Sarai.  She flees into the wilderness to weep.  She has lost all hope.  But the Angel of the Lord found her.  His prophetic word brings hope and instruction.


A.  When I have felt mistreated and fled into a wilderness of confusion I have often been met by the merciful God-Who-Sees.  Through my tears I see no way out of my dilemma.  He sends me back to the source of my confusion.  He is the God-Who-Sees me when no one else wants to look at me.  He sees what I cannot see.  He gives me hope for a new beginning for He can see the future like the past.


I was driving school bus for Folsom High School.  Jerry was 16 and always in trouble.  As he boarded the bus he yelled, “I am going to run away!” I tried to calm him down.  He was trying to flee from the source of his trouble.  He could run fast and far, but he was carrying his trouble within him.  Jerry urgently needed help.  Oh how he needed an encounter with the God-Who-Sees him.  He needed a brand new start.


P.  Lord, I wonder where Jerry is today.  If he is alive, he would be in his seventies.  I know You can see him and many others that are victims of similar circumstances.  Their lives have come unraveled into an impossible snag.  But You are the God Who Sees.  I pray for Jerry and for others in similar situations. Teen suicide is rampant.  God, please head these youth off and meet them as they flee when they stop for a rest at the well.  May they be able to say with Hagar and me, “The God-Who-Sees me has spoken to me and given me new hope!”  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment