Saturday, July 9, 2016

For “a people yet to be created.”

Friday 7-8-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Hosea 13 – 14    Psalm 100, 102   Hebrews 5
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 102:18 This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD.  NKJV

O.  The spoken “Word” is powerful for those that are privileged to hear, but the written “Word” is designed to bless those yet to be born so that they, too. may praise the Lord.

A.  I have been asked on a few occasions, “Why are you writing a book?  What purpose will it fulfill?  Do you have a theme?  Are you hoping to achieve a certain result?” I am 84 years old, yet God has chosen to give me tools to work with little children, youth, young adults and seniors.  I did not ask for these tools, but I welcomed them.  Now I am well aware that my active days are numbered.  And my desire is to extend my years of influence to include those who are “yet to be created.”  I hope to inspire youth and adults to allow the passion of Jesus to burn in their soul.  Jesus saw good, religious, decent people as “lost.” And He went out of His way to display love and hope for the them all: nice sinners, addicts, the sick, the needy and the dying. Oh, that every young Christian would plant the seed of their life deep in the soil of God’s will for their life and follow through to witness the “much fruit” that Jesus promises them!  (John 12:24)

P.  Lord Jesus, I have but one life to offer You.  It is yours until You take me home.  Give me a multitude of dedicated children, youth and adults charged, challenged and ready to surrender their all to Your perfect plan for their lives... during my lifetime... and for decades after!  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment