Sunday, July 24, 2016

I'm a child of the King

The paparazzi are following me!

Saturday 7-23-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  2 Kings 20    Isaiah 38 – 39   Psalm 75    1 Peter 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Peter 2:9-10 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. NKJV

O.  The Christian has been chosen to become royalty.  One of the disadvantages of being royalty is you are in the public eye at all times.  You lose your privacy.  Peter calls upon us to live holy lives and thus we can bring praise to Him who called us out of the darkness of sin into His marvelous light.  The eyes of the world are watching us. 

A.  As a Christian I have a wonderful privilege.  I’m a child of the King!  And like all royalty, I attract the eyes of many whether I like it or not.  I can either shine for Jesus Christ in a dark and sinful world or I can become careless, surrendering to the evil language and customs of our environment and damage the cause of Christ, bringing shame on His name.  I may not see the paparazzi following me with cameras, but someone is watching... and their eternal destiny may depend upon my actions and reactions.  Years ago I checked and found my pictures and messages scattered all over Facebook... mostly with my Spanish name, Rafael.  

P.  Lord, my life is not a secret.  Even my private life will be invaded by the paparazzi of this world.  Young eyes are watching me.  I carry your name as a “Christian.”  Help me live up to Your name by “laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking.” (1 Peter 2:1) May my conduct be honorable, like a true prince or a princess, a child of King Jesus!  May I light-up a dark world!  Amen.

Ralph
A Child of the King
Harriet E. Buell 1877

My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full, He has riches untold.
Refrain
I’m a child of the King,
A child of the King:
With Jesus my Savior,
I’m a child of the King.
My Father’s own Son, the Savior of men,
Once wandered on earth as the poorest of them;
But now He is pleading our pardon on high,
That we may be His when He comes by and by.
Refrain
I once was an outcast stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice, an alien by birth,
But I’ve been adopted, my name’s written down,
An heir to a mansion, a robe and a crown.
Refrain
A tent or a cottage, why should I care?
They’re building a palace for me over there;
Though exiled from home, yet still may I sing:
All glory to God, I’m a child of the King.
Refrain



No comments:

Post a Comment