Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Insurance or Assurance?

Monday 7-11-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Isaiah 8     Hebrews 8
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Heb 9:11-15  But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.  Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.  For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. NKJV

O.  Christ’s death and resurrection marked the end of the need for priests to offer sacrifices.  At the moment of Christ’s death the curtain in the temple was ripped wide open.  Everything changed.  All these symbols had been given so that God’s chosen people could later understand that they were only a picture of the day when Christ, as the High Priest of Heaven, would enter into Heaven’s Most Holy Place carrying His own blood which is able to cleanse our consciences, prepare us to serve the living God and, as a bonus, enjoy His fellowship forever.

A.  I cannot boast that I understand all the symbolism described here, but these basic truths are evident and clear.  Some say they cannot understand the Bible.  Well, there are things that many of us may not understand, but the basics of the way of salvation and eternal life is clearly open to all who wish to enter.  I cast my flawed vessel at Jesus’ feet and trust His power to “save to the uttermost”.  (Heb 7:25)

P.  Lord, words seem limited in their expression.  My mind cannot grasp the depths of your sacrifice and the heights of Your love.  But my heart has opened its door to You and to the free gift of salvation that you offered me... and not to me only, but to all us unworthy sinners.  What a difference this makes as I grow older, knowing that my time is short on this globe!  I am only a step away from seeing You in all Your glory!  Amen.

Ralph
Blessed Assurance

Blessed Assurance, Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchased of God
Born of His Spirit, washed in His Blood

This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long

Perfect submission, perfect delight
Visions of rapture, now burst on my sight
Angels descending, bring from above, above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love

This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long
This is my story, this is my song
Praising my Savior all the day long





No comments:

Post a Comment