Saturday, July 9, 2016

Not perfect. Just forgiven.

Sunday 7-3-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Isaiah 6 – 7   2 Chron 26 – 27   Philemon
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Isa 6:5-7 So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar.  And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, and your sin purged." NKJV

O.  Isaiah stared in wonder at the sight.  He was looking right into heaven.  When he got sight of the throne of God, he suddenly saw himself as God saw him.  He cried out, “Help! I’m a dirty sinner!  My eyes have seen the Lord. I’m going to die!” But a seraphim flew to the altar and with tongs carried a hot burning coal to touch Isaiah’s lips with a great announcement.  “Sinner man, your sins are removed from the record forever!”  What great news!

A.  Peter was in a boat with Jesus when he suddenly realized he was in the presence of the living God.  He fell on his face and cried out, “I am a sinner! I am too close to you! I’m going to die.”  I have never seen God on His throne.  But the closer I get to my Jesus, the brighter the light of God’s Holy Spirit.  Now I can see myself as He sees me... a rotten sinner, unworthy of His presence.  In the radiance of His perfect holiness my sinful heart looks soiled.  I cry out: “Lord, I am an unworthy sinner!”  With that confession something wonderful happens.  He washes me white as the fresh fallen snow.  “Sinner man, your sins are removed from the record forever!”  Praise God!  I am not perfect... just forgiven and cleansed. 
Have you been there?  Jesus paid the price for all of us.  He is just waiting for your confession of sin. 

P.  Oh Lord, nothing is so up-lifting than Your forgiveness and cleansing. From the depths of depression, held down by multiple failures... You offer me Your forgiveness and cleansing.   Send Your angel with live coals from off the altar and touch us one more time. Set us aflame again!  Only then can we say with Isaiah, “Here am I.  Send me.” Amen.

Ralph
We used to sing this:
What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Oh! Precious is the flow, that makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know.  Nothing but the blood of Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment