Thursday, July 28, 2016

It shall prosper!

Thursday 7-28-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Isaiah 53 – 56   2 Peter 2
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Isa 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. NKJV

O.  This section of Isaiah’s book is filled with marvelous Messianic prophecies.  Practically every phrase in these chapters is another golden nugget and merits a book of thrilling comments. 

A.  Today it is this short declaration that the Lord made to stand out as encouragement to this old preacher of the “God’s Word”.  If I can be faithful to proclaim His “Word”, I can count on divine results.  God’s Spirit will allow His “Word” to sink into the soul of the listener.  He will follow it like the GPS in my car is followed by that satellite in the sky.  It will finally accomplish what He pleases.  It will prosper.  It will fulfill its divine purpose.    

P.  Lord, I gave the invitation and no one responded.  Did I need some sweet music as a backdrop?  Did I not press for a decision as I should have?  Where did I fail?  I think I hear You answering me this morning: “Ralph, there was a response.  You just could not see it.  For my Word will not fail in its purpose.  It will follow that soul to his and her dying day.  Keep preaching My Word and trust Me for the results.”  Okay, Lord.  Then please give me a fresh anointing for this coming weekend.  For without You I can do nothing.  Amen.

Ralph 
Jesus never fails
Jesus never fails
Heaven and earth shall pass away
But Jesus never fails


No comments:

Post a Comment