Sunday, July 24, 2016

How Big is God?

The True Gentle Giant

Sunday 7-24-2016   Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading:  Isaiah 40 – 42    1 Peter 3
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Isa 40:11-12 He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm and carry them in His bosom, and gently lead those who are with young.  Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, measured heaven with a span...  NKJV

O.  Isaiah has a way with words.  In one breath he describes our Lord God as a gentle Shepherd, carrying a tiny baby lamb in His arms.  Then in the next breath he presents the greatness of God who can cup the oceans in the palm of his hand and use the span of His fingertips to measure the vastness of space.

A.  The true and living God that I serve is the Creator of all the expanse of space filled with millions of galaxies, yet He descended to walk with us... and He still walks with me as a gentle Shepherd.  I can trust Jesus.  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He is both powerful and gentle.  He is big enough to handle my emergencies and tender enough to hold me in His arms like a newborn lamb.  That’s the Jesus I love and serve.

P.  Lord, my vocabulary is limited and my mind incapable of expressing or comprehending Your greatness.  But when You cuddle me in Your arms and press me to Your heart, I sense the comfort that only You can give.  You are still the One Who can calm vicious storms and then stoop to touch a leper with Your tender love.  I am Yours forever.  Amen.

Ralph
How Big is God
STUART HAMBLEN
Though man may strive to go beyond the reach of space
To crawl beyond the distant shim'ring stars
This world's a room so small within my Master's house
The open sky's but a portion of His yard
How big is God? How big and wide His vast domain
To try and tell, these lips can only start
He's big enough to rule His mighty universe
Yet small enough to live within my heart
As winter's chill may cause the tiny seed to fall
To lie asleep till waked by summer's rain
The heart grown cold will warm and throb with life anew
The Master's touch will bring the glow again


No comments:

Post a Comment