Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I know Who wins!

Wednesday 7-22-15 (Home Modesto, California)

Scripture reading:  Isaiah 36-37    Ps 76    1 Peter 1

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  1 Peter 1:10-11  This salvation was something the prophets wanted to know more about. They prophesied about this gracious salvation prepared for you, even though they had many questions as to what it all could mean. They wondered what the Spirit of Christ within them was talking about when he told them in advance about Christ's suffering and his great glory afterward. They wondered when and to whom all this would happen. NLT


O.  The prophets of the Old Testament prophesied many things that they themselves did not understand.  They received and wrote the message that they had received from God, but were left in the dark to wonder about when and how these things would be worked out.  These events would only be fully understood when they actually took place.


A.  Many experts in eschatology have examined every minute detail of the prophetic book of the Revelation, written by the Apostle John.  They postulate the meaning of its symbols and often become dogmatic about their interpretation.  Yet Peter shows me that the prophetic words of Isaiah 53, and hundreds of other prophetic words of the OT, were not intended to be fully understood until the events actually happened.  So why might the Lord ask John to write this book?  For many reasons perhaps, including the assurance to the suffering, persecuted Christians… and to me that in the long run “He wins!”  Great stuff is awaiting us.  Prophecy says to me, “Hang in there!  This, too, will pass.  God’s got the future in His hands.  I am “more than a conqueror through Him that loved me!”  (Rom 8:37)


P.  Lord Jesus, dedicated religious men have become experts in interpretation of prophecy.  They have named the antichrist over and over again.  Others have set a fixed date for Your return to earth… even though You specifically told us we are not supposed to know.  They all fall into disgrace.  Help me to choose to believe Your wonderful promises and to enjoy the freedom they bring me.  This life has been marvelous for me, but just over the horizon… beyond the sunset there is coming a blissful morning.  I can look to my future with great anticipation because, even if down here the whole thing goes up in smoke, I know Who will be left standing.  I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25 NIV.  I know Who wins!


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment