Saturday, July 25, 2015

“Your call is very important to me…”

Friday 7-24-15 (Home Modesto, California)

Scripture reading:  Isaiah 40-42    1 Peter 3

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Isa 40:28-31 Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak.  Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up.  But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. NLT


O.  God is offering strength to weary stressed-out Christians.  He is reminding us that He is God, the Creator and He has just what we need… His strength. 


A.  I had a down-time late last night.  I don’t have many.  But I got frustrated with my progress on a certain project and was almost tempted to give up.  Yes, I realize my “strength” is not just a physical thing.  I can be physically well, yet grow faint and weary with discouragement and stress.  But there is a promise embedded in this scripture.  God offers me “new strength”.  I will walk and not faint.  I will run and not get weary.  I will even fly high like an eagle.  Walk, run and fly!  It can’t get much better than that for a weary soul. 


But what is the key?  I must “wait on the Lord”.  What does that mean?  I am definitely not a good “waiter”.  The Apostle Peter was a “jump up and run” kind of guy… and I think I have got some of his same genes.  I hurry up and get to the doctor’s office right on time… sign in and “wait”.  Rush to the bank and have to “wait in line.”  Read the Bible and God’s Word tells me to “wait on the Lord.”  Come on, now.


P.  Lord, did I dial Your number right?  Are You listening up there?  Hello!  Hello!  What?  Am I talking to a recording?  “Your call is very important to me.  All my angels are busy with other customers right now.  Please stay on the line and “wait”.  You are number two hundred and forty two in line.” 


But, Lord, this is an emergency.  I am in need of patience and I need it right now


Did I hear You say that this is NOT a recording?… that it is actually YOU telling me to wait?… to not jump up and run?… to hang in there?… to trust in You?  Did I hear you say “Tribulation worketh patience”?  Yeah, Lord, but that was back in the days of the old King James version.  Certainly You must have a more streamlined modern, push-button, up-dated method by now.  Don’t you have an app I could download?  Did our line go dead?  Are You still there?  You are?  But You have no more to say to me?  But God, I am in a hurry.  (Silence.)  Gotta run, God.  I try You again tomorrow.  Amen.


Ralph

PS.  (Muttering to myself off line) I’d do anything to get some patience… anything but “wait”, that is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment