Sunday, July 5, 2015

Today I Remembered Young Love

Sunday 7-5-15 (Home in Modesto)
Scripture reading:    Hosea 2-5    Heb


S.  Hos 2:14-15  "But then I will win her back once again. I will lead her out into the desert and speak tenderly to her there.  I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there, as she did long ago when she was young, when I freed her from her captivity in Egypt.” NLT


O.  The nation of Israel is compared to a prostitute since she has left her love for her true and living God and sought the gods of the surrounding heathen nations.  Hosea literally lives out the story, and actually marries a woman who becomes a harlot.  But now God’s message in these verses returns to one of hope.  Hosea is instructed to go out and find his wayward wife and love her again.  God compares His lost, sinful creation in the context of a love affair.


A.  There is something about God’s love story above that capture me and bring me to tears.  Like a relentless lover, He promises to win her back again… to take her to a place where they can be alone where He speaks tenderly to her.  And there she surrenders herself into His arms again, just as she did long ago when she was young, pure and beautiful. 


What is happening to me this morning?  Why am I sobbing with deep emotion?  It has to be because I am remembering the thrill of young love.  My memory replays the moments when I was captured by the wonder of pure love.  We were so young.  The evils of lust had not entered the picture.  We were just taken up with giving our love to one another.


And to think… God loves me like that!  He comes looking for me when I stray.  His voice calls my name.  Although unworthy, He takes me into His tender arms and loves me with His pure love, just like when I was young and innocent.  And He is calling to every lost, wandering, unworthy sinner in that same way. 


P.  Lord, You are chasing me again.  You are winning me again.  You are taking me again into Your arms of love today.  I did nothing to merit Your love.  You are my true and faithful Lover.  Hear my response this morning!  Hear my heart-beat as I try to express my love to You.  Receive my love-songs of worship as I lift my heart and hands to You this Sunday morning in worship.  I am Yours… now and forever!  Amen.

Ralph
The Lover of My Soul  By Phil Kerr

I'm in love, deeply in love
With the Lover of my soul!
I will sing praise to my King
While the years of eternity roll.
Your Love is in my heart, never to depart,
Your Love has made me whole. 
I'm in love with You, Lord,
You're the Lover of my soul!


No comments:

Post a Comment