Monday, July 27, 2015

Listening for My Word for Today

Monday 7-27-15 (Home Modesto, California)

Scripture reading:  Isaiah 50-52    Ps 92     2 Peter 1

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Isa 50:4-5  The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know what to say to all these weary ones. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign LORD has spoken to me, and I have listened.  NLT


O.  Isaiah knew that he had been called to share a message from Jehovah God to His people and to the nations.  Early in his life he had heard God speaking, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” And he had answered, “Here am I; send me!”  So now, morning by morning when he would awake, he would listen for God’s words of wisdom and seek understanding of His divine will. 


A.  What is on my mind each morning when I awake?  Do I rush to turn on the TV for the weather or the latest news?  Or am I listening for God to speak to my heart one more time?  As the years and decades roll so quickly by, I find myself listening more and asking God for His Word for me today.  And so often He speaks through His divine Word, the Bible.


P.  Precious Lord, Your Word to me is more stimulating than a phone call from a dear friend.  Each morning I wait for You to speak to me again… one more time.  I open Your Book.  I read and reread words that I have read many times before and yet those same words speak so often to my special need for today.  I open the ears of my heart and listen for Your words of wisdom once more.  And my soul cries out to You often with tears of joy, “Thank You, Lord of all the earth!  You have fed my soul another healthy morsel."  I will go forward with confidence, stepping out in Your strength again today.  Amen.



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment