Sunday, June 21, 2015

Am I sitting on Good News?

Sunday 6-21-15 (Home in Modesto)
Scripture reading:  2 Kings 6-7     2 Chron 20    1 Tim 3


S.  2 Kings 7:9  This is wonderful news, and we aren't sharing it with anyone! NLT


O. Four starving men, all with deadly infections that isolated them from entering into the city, have discovered that the armies of their enemies have fled and left food and goods behind.  First they help themselves, eat their full and hide their treasures. But now they realized their responsibility to the starving people inside the city.  They were sitting on good news. 


A.  Good news is meant to be shared.  This morning in about an hour I will be in church.  There I will be singing with many others of the greatness of God.  There I will feast on the delicacies at King Jesus’ table.  There I will rejoice with many others who had at one time been starving spiritually.  And, yes, it is true, there I will be in danger of sitting on the Good News without sharing it with anyone.  One of Jesus’ parables was about a great prepared feast… and when the invited ones didn’t show… the master of the feast sent messengers out into the highways and byways… sharing the Good News… the feast is ready and waiting.  Come!  Do not waste time!  Come!


P.  Dear Lord, You have called me and my fellow Christians to be Your messengers.  I am in danger of taking Your blessing of cleansing and forgiveness, healing and salvation and hiding these treasures for myself and my family.  I am in danger of sitting in the shade beside my luxurious swimming pool, enjoying the blessings You have given me, while a whole city or country is locked behind the walls of heresy and unbelief.  Send me out again to the corners of the city and the ends of the earth to find the hungry and bring them in.  May You hear my heart cry, one more time.  “Here I am!  Send me!”  Amen.  

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment