Saturday, June 6, 2015

You are God’s Masterpiece

Saturday 6-6-15 (Martinez, Argentina)
Scripture reading:  Eccl 1-3    Psalm 45   Eph 2


S.  Eccl 3:11  God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart NLT                                                                                      
Eph 2:10 For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus… NLT


O.  Ecclesiastes 3:11 seems like a gem hidden in a field of sayings of the troubled heart of King Solomon.  It expresses two thoughts.  First, the beauty of God’s creation and second, the profound fact that eternity is planted deep within our human hearts.  And the Apostle Paul adds this jewel in his godly instruction… “We are God’s masterpiece.”


A.  We were kneeling while praying around the altar at the close of a recent Argentine church service.  Hearts had been touched.  Some were weeping.  The Spirit of the living God was rearranging the priorities in some of our lives.  I noticed a small bundle kneeling with her legs pulled tightly under her body and her head touching the floor.  Her body was trembling with sobs as she wept and gave it all to God. 


After the time of prayer people were coming to greet me.  Men and women alike, of all ages blessed me with warm hugs and a kiss on the cheek in true Argentine fashion.  I could not help but notice that several of the teenage girls were especially beautiful.  Then came the girl that had I had noticed sobbing.  I caught her in my arms.  She was not physically beautiful by our human standards.  She hugged me tightly and I returned the same.  I could sense the struggle in her heart.  I held her longer and whispered an encouraging word in her ear. 


Now this morning in my devotion… God reminded me of that trembling bundle on the floor and He told me… “She is my masterpiece.  I am making her beautiful.”  Yes, “He makes everything beautiful in its time.” NIV 


P.  Oh God, You know our human nature is attracted to physical beauty.  And sometimes we think You have made some mistakes.  But You are not finished with us yet.  You are in the process of making us into something beautiful, something useful.  Today my crumpled body trembles as I bow and weep before You and submit myself to Your skillful hands.  For You are still working on me… and one day you will complete the final highlights and shadows and stand back to say to each of us, “You are my masterpiece.”  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment