Monday, June 22, 2015

Preach it, Teach it and Live it

Monday 6-22-15 (Home in Modesto)
Scripture reading:  2 Kings 8-9     2 Chron 21    1 Tim 4


S.  1 Tim 4:12-13  Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you teach, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. NLT


O.  Timothy was still a young apprentice when commissioned and sent out by the Apostle Paul to preach and teach men and women that were older than he.  How could he earn and maintain their respect?  Only by living a Christian life of integrity in love, faith and purity.  Paul is saying, “Your life style, not your age, will assure the respect of those that sit under your ministry.”


A.  I am reminded of a young, handsome rising star who was stepping into his first years of ministry, but already well known and highly respected.  I was unloading materials from my vehicle and carrying them into a building for a special minister’s meeting.  When he saw me he rushed over and helped me lift heavy boxes of literature and carried them in.  As he worked beside me, he told me how my life and message had inspired him when he was a ministerial student.  I felt in my heart that the Lord was going to use this young man… and I was right.  He has… and He is.  If this young man maintains his integrity, his love, his faith and his purity… he is sure to go far and be a blessing to his converts, his peers and his Master.


P.  Oh Lord, I was young and filled with energy when I started out.  I watched You protect me from situations that might have damaged my range of influence.  You covered me… Yes, You covered me with Your love and grace.  Now I am at the other end of my years of ministry.  Soon I will need to set my tools aside and be carried into Your presence.  Today I pray that you will raise up many men and women, new young Timothys.  Cover them, Lord, so that they can live out years that display Your love, faith and purity and bring in a great harvest of souls.  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment