Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A mad man can quickly become a madman.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 Puerto Deseado, Patagonia
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 22   Psalm 17, 35   Matt 6
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Sam 22:15-17 “Let not the king impute anything to his servant, or to any in the house of my father. For your servant knew nothing of all this, little or much." And the king said, "You shall surely die, Ahimelech, you and all your father's house!" NKJV

O.  Jealousy has twisted King Saul’s soul into a raging mad tyrant.  He calls for Ahimelech, the priest that innocently helped David by giving him bread and Goliath’s sword.  Ahimelech explains that he had no idea that David was fleeing from the King.  But at King Saul’s order his soldiers slaughter all 85 priests of the Lord... then in his madness he had his men kill all of their families including mothers and babies... and even their donkeys and sheep.  Saul had the power to cut off all the entire future family of this faithful servant of God, but he could never destroy the recorded story of this godly priest... and Saul’s evil deeds certainly haunt him still today in hell.

A.  Saul started out as a humble young man. Everything was going his way.  But when he realized that his evil life had displeased God and he would be replaced by another... He, just like King Herod at Jesus’ birth slaughtered innocent babies in his rage.  Lord, You know that once in a great while something happens and my temper rises. I have to struggle to hold myself in check. Those are not moments to take action.  A mad man can quickly become a madman.  Anger distorts reason and irreparable damage can be done.

P.  Lord, sometimes I can become my own worst enemy.  Please protect me from myself.  Help me to cool down and reason with a level head before taking any action.  My life, my name and my ministry are all attached to Your Name.  So, if for nothing else, I must protect Your name.  I shall not surrender to anger.  You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name's sake, Lead me and guide me. Ps 31:3 NKJV  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment