Friday, April 8, 2016

Out of the Range of My Imagination

Thursday 3-17-16   Posada Chamonix, Villa General Belgrano, Cba.
Scripture reading:    Deut 32 - 34     1 Cor 2

S.  1 Cor 2:7-9 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory... "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."   NKJV

O.  When dealing with spiritual concepts there is more than meets the eye.  God is reserving some unimaginable surprises for us. 

A.  Since I was a little child I have always enjoyed the blessing of an active imagination.  In those days we had no TV to crush our imagination.  We listened to comedy and drama on the radio and I could see the actors and their surroundings inside my head.  Later it was a disappointment to see it on the screen.  But even with so vivid and wild an imagination, I was limited to imitate things my eyes had seen.  Science fiction movies try, but the minds of the writers are anchored in things seen.  Ah!  But God has trillions of galaxies out there and maybe He will take us to witness their glories.  Even now, since spiritual things are invisible to our eyes... we are certain to be surrounded by many of God’s hidden treasures. 

P.  Father God, I have a friend, You know... the one who is trying to convince himself that he is an atheist.  He doesn’t want to sit around heaven playing a harp for an eternity.  His “god” is so small, he thinks he would quickly get bored.  Actually, if Your Son, Christ Jesus knew what He was talking about, my friend doesn’t have to worry about getting bored in heaven with God.  I don’t even want to know about the option.  An intelligent person isolated in “outer darkness”?  Eternal boredom?  Please don’t let it happen, Lord.  I trust that Your great love and mercy will conquer his heart and then perhaps together we can explore unimaginable things... things yet unseen and unheard of.  Amen.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment