Thursday, April 14, 2016

“As I stood looking out at Your beautiful Ocean”


Scene from my hotel balcony


Friday 4-8-16   Las Grutas
Scripture reading:  1 Sam 3 - 5   Psalm 77      2 Cor 8



S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.





S.  1 Sam 3:10 Now the LORD came and stood and called as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"  And Samuel answered, "Speak, for Your servant hears."
Vs 19 So Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him and let none of his words fall to the ground.  NKJV

O.  Samuel was still a young boy when God spoke to him the first time.  His Master, Eli, would demand that he reveal to him everything that God told him. Even though it was a very harsh word of condemnation directed at Eli, Samuel delivered the whole ugly message.  Eli had allowed his two sons to continue to minister in the temple while making a mockery of the sacred sacrifices to Jehovah God.  And Eli had only scolded them lightly when he should have dismissed them... as they openly corrupted the house of God by seducing women into sexual acts. 

A.  Samuel heard God call his name, “Samuel, Samuel” and he thought Eli was calling him.  He had an excuse.  It was the first time he had heard God speak to him.  May I never fail to recognize the voice of my Lord when He calls me... and may I set everything else aside while I listen attentively to His message!  It will probably be a message for me personally... and perhaps for me to relay to others as well.

P.  Lord God in Heaven, You were watching me this morning as I read this story.  You were listening when I stopped reading and went to stand at my hotel window looking out at Your beautiful ocean and wept tears as I cried, “Speak, Lord!  Speak once more!  Fill my heart with Your message! And if it is designed just for me, may I open my soul to receive it. And if it is a message for my hearers as well, fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that none of Your words ‘fall to the ground’.  May they accomplish Your divine purposes in other lives as well.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment