Thursday, April 14, 2016

Where is my Focus? On the temporal or the eternal?

Monday 4-4-16   Viedma, Prov of Rio Negro.
Scripture reading:  Judges 19 – 21      2 Cor 4
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  2 Cor 4:16-18 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul admits that his body, his outward man, is wasting away.  But he rejoices that his inner man enjoys renewal day by day. 

A.  I am told that my physical body started to die the moment I was born.  As the years go by, I know that although I take care with my diet and exercise faithfully, this body is soon going to perish.  I may, with God’s help, postpone the perishing of this body for a few years only.  But my inward man is renewed each day as I find sustenance in God’s Word and in glorious, secret fellowship with My Creator.   While I do not relax my care for my visible body, I must keep my primary focus upon my invisible inner man... for this will have eternal consequences.

P.  Oh Lord, You know I live in a physical world.  I must care for my automobile, change the oil, maintain every mechanism in order to have a reliable vehicle.  So my days can easily be filled with concern for myself, with eating properly, with cars and computers.  But, Oh Precious Lord... may I never allow these temporary things to suffocate this sweet communion that I enjoy with You!  I am Yours and You are mine... for eternity.  Amen.     


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment