Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lord, bring me a Gideon-size miracle today.

Tuesday 3-29-16   La Lucila, Buenos Aires.
Scripture reading:  Judges 6 - 7    Psalm 52    1 Cor 14
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Judg 6:12  And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!"
1 Cor 14:15-16 What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. NKJV

O.  Israel urgently needed a hero to defeat the Midianites and God send a heavenly messenger to Gideon.  Gideon had no idea that he was a mighty man of valor.  God had a specific message for him which resulted in great victory.
The Apostle Paul in 1 Cor 14 is dealing with two situations, one is our life of prayer in our times alone with God... and the other is when the church is gathered together in a group.  He is concerned that when the church is gathered together that order be kept, so that both the Christians and any visitors may understand what is going on... and that the visitor may be convicted and drawn to the Lord.  But he puts no restrictions on our times alone with God.

A.  I love to sing to the Lord in my car as I drive, or privately as I am in prayer in my devotional time.  Sometimes, when my voice is in need of a rest after preaching many times in succession, I will sing silently... inside my heart.  And I believe the Lord hears my prayers and my praise even then.  Prayer is intended to be a two way conversation with God.  He listens and He answers.  Long ago sent his angel to Gideon and the result was a miraculous victory. 

P.  Lord Jesus, I just read how Gideon received a visit from one of Your angelic beings who spoke to him, encouraged him and instructed him.  I am so grateful that I, too, have heard Your voice encouraging me and instructing me, clearly and precisely on occasions.  Today, my Lord, I long to hear You speak to me again.  Dear Lord, please listen to my praying, praising and singing heart... even when my vocal chords are tired.  Hear my cry... and speak Your words into my soul.  Lead me down the path of righteousness for Your name sake.  Guard my words, my heart and my will.  And send me a Gideon size miracle to bring glory to Your name.  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment