Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Slick Liars

Monday 3-21-16   Posada Chamonix, Villa General Belgrano, Cba.
Scripture reading:    Joshua 9 – 11    1 Cor 6

S.  Josh 9:9 “From a very far country your servants have come,
Vs 11  “Therefore our elders and all the inhabitants of our country spoke to us, saying, 'Take provisions with you for the journey, and go to meet them...
Vs 12 “This bread of ours we took hot for our provision from our houses on the day we departed
Vs 13 “...these our garments and our sandals have become old because of the very long journey."
Vs  14-15  Then the men of Israel took some of their provisions; but they did not ask counsel of the LORD.  So Joshua made peace with them, and made a covenant with them to let them live; and the rulers of the congregation swore to them.  NKJV

O.  Lies!  Many lies!  And Joshua, God’s faithful servant, fell for it.  He failed to check with the Lord His God about this and signed the agreement to let them live. 

A.  This teaches me that I need to talk to God about every paper I sign or agreement I make.  Does God care about my business?  He does, because He wants to bless me.  He does not want me to get ripped off by sly liars.  But He will not force Himself upon me.  I just need to “take it to the Lord in prayer” as the old song says.

P.  Dear Lord, within the next few weeks I will need to make several major decisions and contracts to sign.  Alert me in my spirit when I am about to close a deal with the wrong company... Stop me in my tracks if I am about to step out of your perfect plan.  I dare not make decisions without consulting You. Joshua paid a huge price for his failure to seek Your plans that day. 

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment