Friday, April 8, 2016

Truth is... they will imitate me.

Saturday 3-19-16   Posada Chamonix, Villa General Belgrano, Cba.
Scripture reading:    Joshua 3 – 6    1 Cor 4

S. 1 Cor 4:15-17 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.  Therefore I urge you, imitate me.  NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul talks straight to his spiritual children.  But it is this added phrase that flips me out. “I urge you, imitate me.”

A.  I would never dare to say, “Imitate me!” I want my followers to do much better that I do... and they mostly out-do me by miles.  Besides, what if I mess up?  But here is the real deal.  I don’t have to tell them to do it.  My spiritual children will imitate me without me suggesting it.  And if I mess up and become a stumbling block to someone... if my actions or attitudes block the door to heaven for someone... I will never forgive myself. 

P.  Lord, I plead with You to cover me.  Like a soldier penetrating a neighborhood with hidden snipers, please cover me.  If I fall prey to the enemy, someone else is sure to crash in my wake.  Keep me close to You at all times.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment