Thursday, April 14, 2016

Who could ever love like this?

Monday 3-28-16   La Lucila, Buenos Aires.
Scripture reading:  Judges 4 – 5   Psalm 39,  41    1 Cor 13
S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  1 Cor 13:4-7 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. NKJV

O.  The Apostle Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, describes true love.  Where could we ever find an example of such true love... a love that fits this description? 

A.  I see love’s kindness expressed in Jesus’ stooping to write in the sand alongside a condemned adulterous woman.  I see love’s long suffering as He sits with a crown of piercing thorns upon His head while cruel soldiers beat on his head and in the face with sticks.  He is not puffed up although He is King over all kings.  He is polite even when a woman interrupts His hurried journey to save the life of a child.  He does not seek His own comfort, He steps down, way down to seek our comfort and salvation.  He is cruelly mistreated, but not provoked.  He is mocked and cursed, but He thinks no evil instead offers them forgiveness, claiming they really don’t know what they are doing.  He rejoices in the truth as He leads a condemned thief into paradise.  He not only bears all things, but His beliefs and hopes never falter.  And for the joy that was set before Him He endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Heb 12:2)  NKJV  Hey!  When I found Jesus, I found true love!

P.  So today, dear Lord, I bathe in the sunshine of Your love.  Because of Your great love I am not condemned to an eternity of outer darkness.  You courted me, wooed me and won my heart when I was still a little child.  Seven decades have passed and I find myself more in love with You than ever!  Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment